RRR and selected outside events
June 5—Mini Golf at 5:30 pm, followed by Cruise Night at Taverna on the Green at 6:30 pm
June 16—Father’s Day car show at Juniper Village, 186 Paramus Road, Paramus, 12-3. Setup at 11:15. No fees; BBQ and drinks to be provided; free soft-serve ice cream; Elvis to provide entertainment; prizes. Let Dave Z know if you intend to come.
June 25—Mini car show (for members’ cars) and picnic at Memorial Veteran’s Park. Thanks to Mike Boettger for stepping up as chef.
Where is the Pavilion at Memorial Veteran’s Park? Click here to reveal two maps!
July 23—RRR meeting, 1 pm, Veterans Memorial Park
July 30—Doyle’s garage stop (tentative date)
Sept 10—Rodeo! More to come.
October 8—North Jersey Auto Show in Cresskill
Date being determined: - Spring Tour, Redline Automotive Restorations, 2475 Fairfield Ave, Black Rock, CT 06605
Other outside events we are participating in
For a full list see Fred DiTecco’s newjerseycarshows.com
- 6/4: Waldwick Community Alliance, 4 Hewson Ave, 9:30 to 3 pm
- 6/5: RRR Mini Golf at 5:30 pm, followed by Cruise Night at Taverna on the Green at 6:30 pm
- 6/11: two PBA events. 162 Knickerbocker, Demarest, 10 am to 3 pm; 80 South River Street, Hackensack, 10 am to 4 pm
- 6/17: Emerson Chamber of Commerce, 600 Kinderkamack, 9 am to 2 pm
- 6/25: Our Mini Car Show!
- 7/2: Corvette Club Car Show in Paramus (rain date, July 16) show attracts many classic and new cars that aren’t Corvettes! Pete Doll and Tom Lang said they felt very welcomed at the show in the last two years, but wish more Relics would attend. There are a hundred trophies for various categories of cars.
- 7/4: Parades and Rusty Relics picnic
- 7/9: River Dell High School: July 9, 2023 (pre-registration due by June 30)
- 7/23: Car show at Allegro Harrington Park on 200 Old Hook Road,
starting at 5 pm- free and they feed us! Rescheduled to 9 am-2 pm. Yes, this conflicts with our meeting. You can leave at 12:30 and make our meeting on time!
- 7/23: Our outdoor show, 1 pm
Memorial Day Parades (retrospective)
We have reports from all three Memorial Day parades now. Harrington Park was well-run and easy. Cresskill requested cars for transport but they used a truck instead; still, we showed off with three Relics and one pair of people in a big classic Caddy convertible who we invited to the show and to the next meeting. Rochelle Park had no issues, as usual. Bergenfield demanded we show up by 12:30 pm “sharp” but gave us the wrong street and failed to tell us we were supposed to come up from the other side of Church Street, and then didn’t give us enough space, even parked far too close together. We lost one or two members that we know of—who saw the mess and gave up. Steve Kott was amazingly patient given that they were busy sending him up and down the area when I showed up and we got to be sent back and forth together. The parade we had to arrive at 12:30 “sharp” for didn't move until 2 pm, and we were the very last people, behind the Lamb of God loudspeaker truck. We had six cars, including Barry, who was up front carrying one of the organizers.
- January: Fun Stories
- February: Show & Tell II
- March: Auction
- April: Gene tool auction; Richie’s Restored (Art) Relics Retrospective
- May: First cookout! (Outdoor meeting)
- June: Mini Car Show (Outdoors)
- July: Sandwich Sharing (Outdoors)
- August: (Outdoor meeting - ice cream run?)
- September 10: Rodeo (no formal meeting; probably car show and/or steering meets)
- October: Car Show (no formal meeting)
- December: Annual Holiday / Awards Event
Recent event pics
Click here for photos and writeups of past events...
Photo: some of the Rusty Relics, at the 2022 Rodeo (photos: Gene Yetter)
Visit newjerseycarshows.com for local car shows, auctions, cars & coffee, and cruise nights
Past event photos and writeups • member car photos